Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Blank Slate

Losing all the stuff of my hard drive was really bad. If you still haven't backed up yours - Do. It. Now. So I finally got my computer back from the shop. A cool $400 to give me my computer back with nothing on it except the operating system.

"Oh, you need us to take a look at your computer? That'll be $50. No, nothing's salvagable, so you'll need a new hard drive. That'll be $120. Oh and we'll need to install it, so that'll be another $100. Yeah, and it's another $100 for the OS and for us to install that."

Awesome.

I've spent the last few days uploading all my design software and catching up on tons of projects for clients that were put on hold. It feels weird to start from scratch as far as my library of design work. It's sort of refreshing at the same time, though. But, OK, totally not refreshing enough to be worth losing everything!

So I'm back up and running with our new external hard drive in place. Which means there are new blog updates and pictures to be posted... so ya'll come back soon!

1 comment:

Marge and Brent said...

Welcome back Casey!