Thursday, August 06, 2009

I'm Due on Sunday

That's a fact. I wish it was also a fact that Avery would actually be here that day. But I'm thinking it's unlikely that she'll be born on or before that day. I just got back from my appointment and the news is that I haven't progressed much. I'm dilated maybe a cm. And Avery still hasn't dropped. So the wait continues! The doctor said I could still very well have this baby before next week, given that I've given birth before. I SO hope that's the case, but I'm not counting on it!

My next appointment is scheduled for Friday, the 14th. I'll be five days past my due date at that point, and depending on how that check-up goes, they'll most likely induce me soon after, I'd expect... and will probably insist upon while sobbing. :)

Other random things in my quest to stay busy:

My friend, Sarah, and I went to the spa yesterday and had massages. I had the pregnancy massage, which was nice and relaxing.

Mike's been home quite a bit lately, so that's been really nice. Abby Kate has really enjoyed all the extra wrestle/tickle time with him.

Abby Kate went to the doctor yesterday for her school physical. She was so funny sitting up on the table all by herself. Before the doctor examined her, he was sitting at a computer right next to her, checking records. AK said loudly, "Mommy, what's that doctor going to do to me?" The doctor started laughing. After the successful exam I told AK I was so proud of her and said, "see, that wasn't scary, was it?" She replied that it was "really fun," and that she wants to go back to the doctor again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

At least a cm is better than nothing! I am only a cm as well. I have another OB appt Monday the 10th and we will schedule my induction that day (or Tues morn) if Eli hasn't shown up by then. Tell Avery to shoot for Mon or Tues!!

Carrie, Brian and William said...

We are all getting so anxious to have our babies, hopefully they will arrive VERY soon!!

Cindy (Sarah's mom) said...

Hey Casey...looking forward to the baby news here in PA! Planning on coming down for Maren's birthday...hopefully we will see you guys and meet your angel Avery. (wash a floor or two to get things moving...my mom swore by that!) Take good care...

Sarah said...

Wow, mom...wash a floor?? I don't know, Case! My Grandma Dolly brought in 3 and helped with bringing 7 more into this world! Maybe she's onto somehing... :)

Brandi said...

Hey Casey! I've been thinking about you- those last few days are SO hard. I hope everything goes well for you guys- hopefully labor will be short and easy the second time around! Good luck!