Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So Much to Be Thankful For

Our little family set off on the 9.5 hour trip home to Kentucky for the holiday last Wednesday. We were a bit nervous of how Abby Kate would do in the car for so long. We were relieved to find that she loves road trips. At least right now, anyway. She slept the whole way and didn't cry one bit. I sat in the backseat with her so I could feed her along the way. She is doing good taking the bottle when we need her to.

We arrived at my parents' house late Wednesday night. I was excited to introduce Abby Kate to her Uncle Brian and Aunt Carrie for the first time! Brian held her for awhile and she just stared up at him with her big blue eyes. It was great to be at home with my family and to bring our daughter to Kentucky for the first time. Unfortunately, most of my family was sick. Mom had an upper respiratory infection. Dad and Carrie had some sort of bad colds going on, too. We all kept the antibacterial lotion handy.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. My grandmother and many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins came over. They all held Abby Kate and said (as everyone does) that she looks exactly like her daddy. So true. Thanks, Mom, for cooking a delicious meal, even though you weren't feeling well. The desserts were especially good!

The trip was way too short, but thankfully we were able to see a ton of our friends and family while in town. I already miss them and I can't wait until January when Abby Kate and I will be home again.

Mom in the kitchen

I couldn't believe how much my nephew has grown since I saw him last!

My sister-in-law, Carrie, with Abby Kate

Abby Kate meets her great uncle Greg

Our daughter's first Thanksgiving.

Abby Kate meets her "aunt Lyndsay"

Mike and Brian lounging with the babies

Abby Kate meets her great aunt Linda and second cousin Windy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for everyone to meet your new little love-bunny. Looks and sounds like a great trip home! There's no place like it. Love ya.

Lori said...

What a fun trip. I know you enjoyed showing off Abby Kate. She's precious. I love the pictures of the daddies on the couch holding the babies. You and Carrie look fabulous-- not like tired new mommies at all!

Anonymous said...

So glad to finally meet my "niece" and see you and Mike! I love that picture of Mike and Brian with Abby Kate and William. So cute! Miss you guys already. See you girls in January!
Lyndsay

Anonymous said...

Wow, it seems like the time flew by when you guys were home. I wish I had not been sick, but I still so enjoyed having my family together for Thanksgiving and especially having our two newest members of the family for their first Thanksgiving. I love you and miss you. Can't wait until January.