Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Headed Home

I've been meaning to post about my last trip home to Kentucky two weeks ago, and now AK and I are getting ready to make the trip again on Friday. Living a bit closer to home is so nice! I can drive home in less than 8 hours with my baby and my pup, no problem! If we had been told we had to live in Corpus Christi (a 20-something-hour drive), I don't know what I'd have done! Flying with a baby is the worst. Flying with a baby and Junah is unimaginable.

So anyway, I went home a couple of weeks ago to throw a bridal shower for my friend, Lyndsay. I then stayed for a wonderful 10-day visit with my family and got to go to my grandmother's 80th birthday just before I left. I had such a great time at home, as always. William and Abby Kate got to play (er, look at each other), I met up with several different friends to do some catching up, Mom and Dad got to babysit AK, we all went shopping a few times, and Brian, Carrie, William, AK and I had our own little Derby party at Hometown Pizza.

The shower. Lynds got some great gifts! She gets married June 2!


AK at her first bridal shower. Everyone loved her dress, courtesy of Grami. Thanks, Mom!


Lyndsay, getting some help opening her shower gifts.


William was quite the helper. After he assisted in gift-opening, he headed out to mow Pawpaw's lawn.


Grami pushing AK in the swing. She loves to swing! During our visit next week, she'll get to swim for the first time!!!


Kids start driving so early these days.


Mesmerized by Pawpaw's glasses. (She's most likely wondering what they'd taste like.)


Pawpaw gives her a taste of something else instead. Sweet potatoes, I think.


William was planning to run for the roses, until this chick got on.


Yay! A night out with my buddies. I can't remember the last time I was up until 4 a.m. At least not by choice, anyway! I had a blast. Thanks guys! From left: Nikki, Ellen, Maggie, me and Tracy.

Mawmaw turned 80 May 4. We attended a luncheon in honor of the birthday girl. So many people came. Some from her high school cheer leading squad. It was so cute, they even did a little cheer for us.


This was the gift my cousins, Kristy and Holly and I gave Mawmaw. I designed a collage with some of our baby pictures and recent pictures with her. I think she really liked it.


Kristy and Abby Kate, enjoying the party.

I'm looking forward to going back next week!

1 comment:

Lori said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip home. I LOVED the pictures of AK and William together . . . he is such a big boy now! Your grandma looks beautiful. She hasn't aged since I first met her about six years ago.