Saturday, July 21, 2007

More Visitors!

Mom made her first trip to Meridian last week to visit with us for a few days. We had a great time shopping, touring the "big city" (ha!), eating out and just spending time together. Abby Kate loved having her Grami here. We even ventured out to a blues festival one night. We thought it'd be a big event downtown, given all the signs we'd seen promoting it. Turns out there were only 100 or so people there, mingling on a street corner, eating and drinking beer. The music was good though - Abby Kate seemed to enjoy it as she got to stay up past her 7 p.m. bedtime.


To our surprise, Dad called and said Brian would be flying him down so Mom wouldn't have to drive back by herself. (Dad didn't come earlier because of work.) I was elated to be able to see not only my mom, but my Dad, Brian, Carrie and William for a day! Carrie and William decided to ride along - just a quick two-hour flight. We had lunch at McAlisters and enjoyed watching Will and AK play and offer their snacks to one another. Too funny.



I like this photo. It's like Abby Kate is saying "It's OK William, don't be scared. I'm right here." But in reality, she's probably thinking, "Hmmm, I'm seriously thinking about grabbing that pacifier right out of your mouth."

And now she's like, "fend for yourself cousin, I gotta hold on with both hands!"

No comments: