Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Swings, Slides and Stats

The weather's been mild here lately, so we took advantage of it and headed to a local park last Friday. There was an elementary school field trip there, but we managed to get on a few slides and swings. I think Abby Kate enjoyed watching the other kids just as much as she liked the playground.

Abby Kate is growing and learning so fast! I feel like she gets bigger and smarter by the hour. Here are her stats:

30 inches tall (75th percentile)
24 lbs (75th percentile)

She's walking all over the place. She walks laps around the house with no purpose or intent of going anywhere. But she always has to have something in each hand. Usually, it's my cell phone in one, and a toy in the other. Her favorite things are her books. She brings them to me all day long, wanting me to read them to her. When the story's over and I shut the book, she picks it right back up, hands it to me and says, "mee, mee?" - which means "read me?" It's so dang cute that I've been known to read her the same book a dozen times in a row!

Besides "mee, mee," she can say nine other words:
"bah" - ball
"doe" - dog
"UH-oh!" - UH-oh!
"Ma-ma" - mommy
"dah-dee" - daddy
"baby" - baby
"shoes" - shoes
"booooo" - moo (while pointing to a cow)
"ah-boo" - peek-a-boo




2 comments:

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

How cute! Enjoy the pleasant weather--that was one of my favorite things about Meridian. In December, we were able to wear jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, which was great! Also, I didn't realize that Meredith was expecting too!! I'm so excited for Robbie and Ellen, and I'm glad to hear that I get to be excited for Mrs. Helm too! What a great year!

Crazy Love said...

She is growing so fast! It is so amazing watching them learn and grow. Abby Kate is just so cute. Maybe one day she can meet Ashley & Kaitlyn!