OK, I've been tagged by Christina. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven random things about me. Hmmmmmm...
1. I don't like to cook. Or bake. I think the time it takes to make a delicious meal greatly outweighs the time it takes to enjoy it. Plus, a delicious meal usually equals tons of calories. And if you go the healthy route - well, why waste so much time making something that isn't even good?! I'd rather save the time and the calories and just eat an apple and some cheese or whole wheat toast with peanut butter for dinner. If it were only me in this house, that's what I'd do. But we make pretty simple meals around here, anyway. I'm going to have to start making more of a variety of things for Abby Kate, however, so she'll have the opportunity to taste many different things now that she eats mainly table food. So if you have any easy, easy recipes that kids like...
2. I get excited about the mail coming everyday! That's weird, I know. Sometimes it's all bills and coupons, but it's the not knowing what you're going to get - a daily surprise, if you will - that's fun. What a dork I sound like! But we're sharing random and weird stuff, so this is what you get.
3. Christina, me too! I'm terrified of snakes. Even typing the word sends a shiver up my spine. I HAAAAATE them. I'd rather have 100 spiders crawling all over my face than having even a pet snake touch me. And, I mean... "pet" snake? What kinda crazy are you people keeping snakes in your house as "pets?" Blech! I can't look at them in books either. And when that crocodile hunter died? I swear I was afraid to turn the TV on for fear of more coverage about his death. In almost every shot he was holding a disgusting, slithering beast! I've encountered a couple (remember this?), in my life, and that's way too many already.
4. I love wintergreen-flavored candy. Remember candy cigarettes? I used to down those things. My cousins and I would walk up to the drug store near my grandmother's house when we were little and buy bags of candy. I'd always go straight for those because I loved the taste. Only much later would I find out that they sell LifeSavers Mints in the same flavor! My favorites are the ones that are a little bit soft. I could eat a whole bag in one day. I don't. But I could. :)
5. I met my husband when I was in the 7th grade (he was in 8th). I first saw his picture in our middle school yearbook. It was a closeup of him in his football uniform. I think he even had his protective mouthpiece in, so it must've been during the game. He looked all tough and athletic. His blue eyes were so bright against the blue jersey (just like AK's!). I think I'd already fallen for him in that instant while staring at the picture. And after I met him in person, I was completely lovesick. We started dating about a year and a half later when I'd just turned 14. And since that day on July 26, 1993, we've been together. Not one breakup! And I've just kept loving him more and more through high school, college, our wedding, the military, our first baby... I should dig up that picture of him from middle school. I still feel the same as I did at 13 every time I look at it.
Hey, I found it!
6. I love word games like Scrabble and other word puzzles. I can't ever get Mike to play them with me, but when I have time I play them online.
7. I couldn't have imagined not having a little girl. I prayed and prayed for a little girl, even if it was just one. And I couldn't be happier that she's here!!! I'm so, so excited about all the fun things and special moments I'll get to share with her. I love you, sweet girl!
OK, sorry guys, I'm randomly tagging seven here... get going!:) Marge, Lori, Kim, Sommer, Carolyn, Whitney, and Kasey.