Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation!!!

AK and I are busy packing our swim suits and beach towels for a week in the sunshine state with my family. We are very sad that Mike won't be able to come. I feel bad that he has to miss everything. We haven't been able to plan visits to either of our families' homes together or plan a vacation for ourselves in what seems like years. We only travel on holidays together anymore. We are hoping Mike gets a break in the coming weeks, but with his schedule, you can never predict.

The Marine community has this saying "semper gumby," which I hate. Semper is the Latin word for "always" and gumby, well, that's just referring to being "flexible." You get the point. It's stupid. But whatever. I think most people say it with a smile on their face while gritting their teeth.

Anyhow, we will kiss Daddy 'bye tomorrow morning and fly down to Bonita Springs, FL, to spend time with my Mom, Dad (who is doing great, by the way!), Brian, Carrie and William. Thanks to my Aunt Darlene and Uncle Lin for letting us all stay in your beautiful condo! We are really looking forward to it.

Can't wait to share pictures from the trip!

1 comment:

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

Girl, don't I know that feeling! Glad you're getting to go though--y'all will have a blast! Your new house is beautiful!