Wednesday, June 24, 2009

34 Weeks

At 34 weeks pregnant, we're doing pretty well. My belly is growing bigger making my daily routine - and especially exercise - more uncomfortable. But the countdown of weeks is on. Only six to go! Hopefully less. My doctor says he won't let me go over a week past due, but he's confident I'll go into labor before that. He says everything looks great with the baby and me.

I had a dream last night that I labored and delivered the baby all in four hours. I didn't have an epidural because it came on so fast, but I somehow blacked out during the labor, so I didn't feel/remember any pain. Haha, if only it were that easy! I'm just hoping to come in under 24 hours, which is how long AK took to make her way into this world.

We have been working on both girls' rooms the last couple of weeks. I still have some wall decor to buy or make and curtains to hang, but the rooms are almost done. We still need to locate our infant carrier, swing and various other baby items and get them cleaned up. And I guess I'll pack our hospital bags around 36 weeks, to be safe. However, I have no doubt this baby will come on or after her due date.

We are getting excited to meet Avery, and we're really looking forward to introducing her to her big sister!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I can't wait to see their rooms...and you! Feels like it's been forever. We're due for a good coffee!

Lori said...

WOW! How did you arrive at 34 weeks already! I know you are pleased. I can't wait to see pics of AK lovin' on Avery. Girl get those bags packed. You never know you just may go a week or two early! I had to pack after my water broke a week early. I just remember running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off.

Anyway, I am excited for you all-- hang in there!

Lyndsay said...

I hear ya on the uncomfortable exercising at 33 weeks! So you're packing you bag soon....oh goodness...I'm getting nervous! We are so close! I hope this delivery is much much easier for you than it was with AK. Post pics of those rooms soon! Can't wait to trade pics of these kiddos we're about to meet!

Lyndsay said...

Oh, and P.S. Happy late Anniversary!!!!

Kim said...

Your dream sounds almost my delivery with Braewyn. Arrived at the hospital at 5:30am, and she was born at 8:15am! I was 9 cm upon arrival and the nurse thought I might not get an epidural. I refused to move until the anesthesia was brought in. Second births are reported to go faster but don't hang around the house too long because I really don't recommend showing up at 9cm. It is really so much more exciting the second time around because those first time mommy jitters are gone. We'll be praying.

Crazy Love said...

Congrats on being 34 weeks!! I am sure you are ready to have little Avery! I can't wait to see pics of their rooms! I bet they are going to be super cute!

Chad and Sommer Tucker said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the girl's rooms. Looking forward to meeting little Avery. September is looking good...see you soon!

Cristy, Nick and Caden said...

Gosh Casey, I can't believe it's almost time for you, Carrie, and Lyndsey to have these preciuos babies! I can't wait to see pics of Avery and hear whay AK thinks of her little sister. Take Care, Cristy

Jeremiah Ware said...

What a joy it's been for us with two little ones around the house. Our life is a little bit crazy, but so much fun and blessings galore. I wish you, Mike and AK the best.