Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When it Rains, It Pours (Pun Intended)

So it wasn't enough that Mike left three days ago.  Now there's a category 4 hurricane headed straight toward us!  I'm laughing at the irony...

Mike leaves.
Hurricane comes.
We are near the coast, almost in its direct path.
And Mike is in the friggin' ocean.

We'll be fine, of course.  Well I think, anyway... unless Earl decides to turn further West.  Then we might be headed further West!  Mike says they'll be in the clear thankfully.

So far we're doing well and hanging in there better than I expected.  Thanks to everyone for the emails, texts and phone calls checking in on us.  Makes me feel far from alone in this.  I've been emailing back and forth with Mike almost every day so far!  He's doing fine, already flying some.  Hopefully he'll send me some pictures so I can post them here.

No comments: