Saturday, February 10, 2007

Just Call Us Fred and Ginger

Yep, that's right! We can Tango, we can Rumba, we can Mambo and we can Foxtrot with the best of them... or at least with some of them.

Mike gave me ballroom dancing lessons for Christmas and we took our fifth and final dance lesson with Rachel at Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Pensacola on Friday night. We really enjoyed ourselves and were surprised how fast we learned the dances. And we only stepped on each other's toes once or twice. Rachel was especially impressed with our Tango. Well, she may just have been flattering us so we'd buy the next "advanced" dance lesson package for an affordable $1,300! Needless to say we didn't sign up for that. But we still have four "parties" to go to at the studio. They host one every Friday. Next Friday they have a Sweetheart Dance. So we're going to try to make that one and practice our stuff!

We are very thankful to our babysitters... Buddy and Debbie (our wonderful neighbors and friends) and Chad and Sommer (who I've never mentioned on this blog before. Oh, I have? Kay, so you know who I'm talking about then. ha, ha). Thanks, guys for taking care of Abby Kate all those times!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....looks like Fred and Ginger to me. You guys look like you know what you are doing. I remember when Dad and I took ballroom dance lessons. It really is a lot of fun. Keep dancing. I will see you soon.

Brandon and Carolyn Schroder said...

so how do i convince my hubby to do that!! how fun!! i'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Mike, will you teach Pat for our wedding? No one has to know. You guys (meaning you and Casey, not you and Pat) will have to bust out a routine on the dancefloor that night!

Lori said...

How very fun!!! I danced for 18 years and taught ballet, tap, and jazz, but I have never taken any ballroom dancing, and I havealways. wanted to!!! I think that was the most romantic gift. Congratulations on your graduation and have lots of fun at your party!!!

Kalevi Hightower said...

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed taking up ballroom dancing. Ever considered continuing to learn? Ballroom dancing is so graceful and so romantic, but it’s not just about learning fancy steps. It’s also about learning discipline and becoming graceful, and even losing weight for some people, and having fun while doing it.