Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Still Waiting...

I was nervous and anxious all day yesterday as I was awaiting the call from Mike to tell me where we're moving next. There are so many very different places it could be... California, Washington state, North or South Carolina, Arizona... ahem, Japan. That last one just isn't easy to consider. But unfortunately it's a possibility. (So you can understand my angst.)

I was waiting and waiting, trying to busy myself and not pace the floor. I called my friends, Sarah (whose husband is also selecting) and Sommer, at one point to jokingly tell them that Mike and I must be going to Japan because I had just received a bad omen outside my door... I walked through the living room and happened to look out the front window to find a big hearse parked right in front of our house. I thought, 'that's creepy. Who drives a hearse around in neighborhoods? And why is it parked in front of our house?!' It was gone after 30 minutes. So umm, not sure what that was all about.

All my nervous energy went to waste, however, because when Mike finally did call, he informed me that we wouldn't find out just yet. He has a couple more flights to finish because of his appendicitis setback. So hopefully we'll know by the end of the week.

I'll post as soon as I know!

2 comments:

Cristy, Nick and Caden said...

Hey Casey, sounds like everyone is happy, healthy and anxiously waiting. Tell Mike I said congrats. I am sure you are very proud of him. AK is getting so big. I love the tent the two of you made..It is the simple things that make them so happy. They are certainly a blessing. Take Care, Cristy

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you snapped that by peeking through the blinds! He he!
Glad it wasn't really a bad omen!
Sarah