Friday, June 02, 2006

Twenty-seven is the new 21, right?


Nope. Twenty-seven feels like plain old 27 so far. As of my birthday on June 2, I'm officially in my late 20's. The big 3-0 is only three short years away. Mike's birthday card to me read: "I still love you even though you're old." Ha, ha, heh, ha, ha. (Real funny, Mike. Let's not forget you're almost two years older than me!!!) To top it all off, I opened the mailbox to discover a letter addressed to me from the AARP! Can a girl get a break on her birthday, please?! I felt slightly better when I saw that it was addressed to a "Mr." Casey Wallace.

All jokes aside, I had a very nice birthday. I received lots of e-mails, cards and phone calls that made my day since we don't live close to our long-time friends and family. Mike surprised me with a huge cookie cake (a tradition in my family). It was delicious! He took me out to dinner at McGuire's - a neat Irish Pub in Pensacola - with Chad and Sommer. I had a great time.

However, I was in bed by 9:30. Now is that a result of pregnancy or age?? Hmmmm...

4 comments:

Brandon and Carolyn Schroder said...

Wish we were there to celebrate with you- Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

A very happy belated birthday to you , Case. Forgive me for my lateness--I do have it written down...but I was sunning my buns in Amelia Island.

Hope it was fabulous!

Sara

Anonymous said...

DAMN IT!!! I AM GETTING SO BAD ABOUT BDAY'S!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASE!!
ELLEN

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»