Thursday, April 24, 2008

Eighteen Months


I can't believe our little Abby Kate is a year and a half old. Although our lives before her are distant memories, I still feel like she's getting too big, too fast. She continues to surprise us every day with what she knows. She is a sponge, soaking up every word and action that she hears and sees. Just today around 11 a.m., she came up to me and said "I'm hungry." I'd never heard her say "hungry" before. It just came out without me teaching it to her just like so many other words lately. It is so cute.

However, I'm starting to get nervous about what inappropriate things she'll say without knowing any better. For example, one day she was at the hospital with me in KY. As we sat in the waiting room, she waved to EVERYONE that came by. As you can imagine, being in the Plastics Clinic you see all sorts of things. One man sat down next to us and was very friendly to Abby Kate. He had some sort of large growth on his cheek. AK pointed straight to it and said "ear!" Thankfully, it came out "Eeee!" Heat filled my face, but then he just laughed and said, "Don't you just wish you knew what they were saying at that age?" Relieved, I let out my breath and replied, "Yep, sure do!" ha, ha. Not looking forward to any future moments like those. :)

Speaking of hospitals, Dad is still at Baptist East. We're hoping he'll get to come home tomorrow. He's doing pretty good and hopes to get back to work (at least a half day) very soon. I just have to ask those of you that work with him... once he comes back, if he becomes short of breath or weak at any point, please call 911 (even if he's says no!). You can blame it on his very concerned daughter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey
She gets more adorable every picture I see.....her personality shines through!
Carrie Taylor

sara said...

Love the picture! Too cute. Yes, they soak up everything. Being a teacher of little ones...I hear stuff all the time that probably wasn't meant to be heard by tiny ears. They are little tape recorders!

The Helm Family said...

She gets cuter every time I see her. Can't wait for you to meet Lily.--Meredith

Anonymous said...

I think she looks like you sooo much! What a cutie!