Friday, March 07, 2008

Flip. Flop. Fall.

Ahhh, the warmth of the sun. We are loving being outdoors in our shorts and t-shirts... and Abby Kate's new sandals, of course. She was very confused about the strap-between-the-toes thing at first. I stood her up after putting them on and she remained there staring down at her toes. I asked her if she wanted to play outside - which usually gets her running for the front door - and she didn't move an inch. She stood there frozen as if I had taken away all mobility with this pink, polka-dotted form of foot torture. After a few increasingly confident steps, she was running again. Until she fell. Then we had another first - an adhesive bandage for her scraped and bleeding knee. And then we learned a new word. We heard "boo-boo" for the rest of the day. I like putting AK in her little shorts, but now I feel guilty because I know her jeans would have prevented her scraped knees.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I have many favorite things, and one of them is definitely chubby toddler feet in flip flops!!! haha. I was so excited to get down Hannah's old flip flops to try on Madeline the other day. No guilt mama-- scraped knees are good for character building! :)

Carrie, Sean and Savannah Leigh said...

Adorable!

The Moremans said...

love the flops! wish we could wear ours now, but instead we are putting on our snow boots!

Anonymous said...

Is that a pink band-aid to match or are my eyes deceiving me?!
C-U-T-E flops!
~Sarah

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

You just made me miss Meridian. Ahhhhhhhhh, the warm weather! I'm anxious for the Navy to decide that we should live in a warm climate again. ;) I can't believe we have twin bedroom decor--but you know what they say--those great A D Pi minds think alike. Hehe!