Tuesday, March 06, 2007

AK[A]: The Terradactyl

Abby Kate has really found her voice now. It started one day when I was changing her diaper - her most favorite part of the day besides bath time. OK, and eating. The girl loves to be naked. Maybe we should feed her naked. Right, bad idea. :)

So where was I? Terradactyl, right... kay, so I was changing her one day last week and she was relishing her happy-naked-time and got so excited that she made this awful screeching noise. She startled herself at first, but then was so elated that she could produce such a sound that she continued going to this glass-shattering octave for the next hour at least. Later, when Mike came home, she started it up again. Mike says she sounds like a bird. Not the cute kind with the pleasant little birdie chirp. He mentioned the giant dinosaur bird. The Terradactyl. Now, we all know no one's ever actually heard a Terradactyl, but you can imagine the horrific sound it might make.

Did anyone ever watch He-Man as a kid? You know, the cartoon with the big muscle-y guy and his pet tiger? I remember there being some kind of big, scary bird on there, too; and every time Skeletor's (the villain's) castle would be shown, that big dino-bird would fly around and shriek this echoing, awful sound. So that's what I'm drawing from here. I'm aware you really didn't need that long explanation, but I need justification on the He-Man thing. Did I make up the whole bird character, or was that for real?

Anyway, as with all my stories, I'm no doubt exaggerating a bit. But maybe not! Hear it for yourself...



It's a good thing she's so dang cute!

4 comments:

Brandon and Carolyn Schroder said...

That doesn't even sound real! Hahhahaa. Tater was all about it though- i took video- i'll upload it and then check your e-mail.

Crazy Love said...

I hope it is only during the day and not at night when you are trying to sleep! The joys I have to look forward to...hahahaha

Lori said...

This is so funny! I was holding Madeline when I watched the video--AK's shrieking made her jump.

Marge and Brent said...

Oh my gosh! That was so funny, definitely brightened my day. Thanks AK! Casey, maybe you need to invest in some ear plugs for changing time...