Thursday, March 01, 2007

Four Months

Abby Kate turned four months old on Sunday. I feel like we've had her for so much longer for some reason. I guess it's because she grows and changes so fast that it seems impossible for all that to happen in just four months.

Mike and I took her to her 4-month wellness checkup this morning. She weighed 13.5 lbs and is 24.5" long. This puts her in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Her head, on the other hand, is in the 75th percentile. She must've inherited her daddy's brains! Dr. Branton said she is right on track and is in perfect health.

Again, she was all smiles for the doctors, right up until the first shot went in. I couldn't watch. But then I did anyway, and it was so sad. She cried huge tears while I tried to hold my own back. I nursed her afterward and held her for a bit before putting her back in the carseat. Her smile returned and then we headed home. Now she's resting in her swing sound asleep.

Since the four month mark, we've given her rice cereal twice. It was fun watching her try to suck on the spoon. Most of the rice fell out of her mouth at first. She got the hang of it fast, though, and seems to really like it as long as I mix it with breast milk instead of water. If it tastes like it smells, I don't blame her!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Such a big girl! I don't like those mean old shots either. It's so hard to watch. Hannah always prefered her cereal with breast milk too. That stuff has to be disgusting! Abby Kate is a cutie pie Casey!

*If you get a chance e-mail or send me a more recent picture of her for our fridge! We'd love it. Thanks!